Transgender Economic Justice and Migrant Equity
A nonprofit fundraiser supportingParivar Bay Area
Help Parivar keep its doors open and continue to Serve the Trans folx.
raised by 8 people
6 months left
This is KN Saree Center, one of SITAL entrepreneurship programs that bring opportunities for Transgender Hijrah Folks to work and gain a sustainable livelihood.
With over 20 such projects, ParivarBayArea has showcased the efforts and success stories of Transgender Entrepreneurs when given an opportunity.
SITAL is a strategic initiative that brings socio-political-economic inclusion of Trans Hijra Kinnar lives in India. Through micro-enterprise grants provided to Transgender Entrepreneurs, SITAL Livelihoods provides sustainable livelihoods & training to Trans people to more than 70 trans people providing 17+ Livelihood Projects throughout India from Sewing centers, Bakery, and Office supplies. Even a fully transgender-staffed clinic that provides healthcare to low-income slum dwellers and trans people. We will be bringing this program to the United States in 2023 to provide livelihoods for Transgender Immigrants.
See our success story and read the full report. HERE
Pending Livelihoods HERE
We are asking for support to help us open another 11 such projects that would employ over 50 Transgender Hijrah folks to build a respectful life in society.
Cultivate a community of light, love, and acceptance that enables the successful execution of our mission, enhances our reputation as a primary organization for Transgender economic justice, social inclusion, and migrant equity, and an engaging leader for Queer Trans Immigration equity, led by South Asian Transgender Leaders.
Read More about Parivar HERE
ParivarBayArea is America’s only Transgender- led/centering Southasian Organization based in San Francisco Bay Area.
ParivarBayArea cultivates a community of light, love and acceptance that enables the successful execution of our mission, enhances our reputation as a primary organization for Transgender economic justice, social inclusion, and health care equity, and an engaging leader for Queer Trans Immigration equity, led by South Asian Transgender LeadersSince 2018, ParivarBayArea has been committed to Global Disaster Relief, Advocacy through Arts and Community Building.
Our key achievements have been to:
- Holding over 100+ virtual/in-person spaces for Queer Transgender Hijrah events and discussions across San Francisco Bay Area and virtual places.
- Building the largest relief and rehabilitation Transgender grassroots initiative in India- SITAL(Save Indian Trans ALLINDIA Lives), raising over $350,000( over 2.75 Crores INR) serving over 90,000 Trans Hijrah Kinnar Folx.
- Driving health care equity with holding vaccine drives for COVID-19 & MPX centering Transgender folx in San Francisco Bay Area.
- Co-founding, Chairing the SF LGBTQ+ COVID Relief Coalition serving the needs of the LGBTQ+ communities across the Bay Area’s nine counties, raising over $200,000 to provide microgrants, groceries, rent relief, and vaccinations.
- Founded and lead the transgender immigrant coalition is aimed at bringing equity, justice, and inclusion for Transgender NonBinary Intersex Immigrants arriving to America and trying to belong in California.
- Creating spaces, movements and coalitions for their justice. The LGBT Asylum Projects, El/La Para Trans Latinas, GLBTQ+ Asian Pacific Alliance & ParivarBayArea Co-founded and lead the QTAPI(Queer Trans API) coalition bringing awareness to Queer Trans Asian Pacific Islander Week holding over 15 events nationwide.
- Holding support group(Robaroo), vaccination drives, COVID testing sites, trans-affirming surgery funding in partnership with San Francisco AIDS Foundation, Alameda County Health Department, Santa Clara County & San Francisco County and many more.
- Launched and successfully enabled over 130 Trans Hijrah folx to rebuild livelihoods from micro enterprises as part of our SITAL livelihoods programs to achieve trans economic justice. Programs in progress include locations in India, Guyana and Bangladesh. Businesses include sewing, drinking water, cooking/hoteling, beauty salons, trans-care medical clinic and many more.
- Developed and launched parivarbazaar.com, a full fledged e-commerce site showcasing products and art made, touched, finished and/or sourced by Trans Hijrah folks of the global south.
- Established the Transgender Immigrant Global South Coalition with El/La Para Trans Latinas. The LGBT Aslyum Project & GLBTQ+ to provide legal, socioeconomic and mental support to immigrant LGBTQ Transgender Hijrah Kinnar arriving into America.
This fundraiser supports
Parivar Bay Area